My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Blues

Today is Friday, the beginning of the weekend and I am tired, emotionally drained. So ready for the weekend and all that it entails that will keep me busy and my mind not focused on the issues at hand.

Days like today I’m so ready for His return and all of this to be over. I don’t want to think or feel anymore. I don’t want to have to try to deal with the swirling turbulent thoughts that are in my brain. I just want peace and quiet. Yet, that eludes me and I am left to deal with all that is happening around me.

It was a long hot night last night. The fan did nothing to dissipate the hot air. Sleep didn’t come easily and when it did it was full of dreams of varying degrees of distress. I loathe nights like that.

Yet I am here and so I will make the most of it.

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment