My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekend Warrior

It has been a whirlwind week. Sick child, doctor appointments, sick mom, school, broke down car, final exam for school, work, and soccer practice. We haven’t been home one night this week and I am TIRED. We have soccer and bowling tomorrow and I will try to cut the grass and trim the bushes between the rain showers they are calling for. Don’t forget the laundry and cleaning the house. It’s a never ending cycle if you ask me.

But where would I be if it wasn’t for all this stuff that is my life? Nothing is better than cheering on a child running up and down a field doing their best or stepping up to the line and letting go of the ball and getting a strike or even a spare. I find cutting the grass therapeutic and thanks to modern technology I have electric hedge trimmers and I know how to use them. I haven’t figure out the joy in cleaning the bathrooms or the kitchen yet but the smell of freshly laundered clothes gives me a great sense of satisfaction.

If I’m lucky I’ll get my nails done and get to love on my granddaughter for a little while before the weekend is over and I start this ride on the hamster wheel all over again.

Whatever is your routine this weekend I hope you make the most of it and remember to count it all joy that you have the things you have and the people you do in your life at this moment.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (James 1:2-4)

Warmest blessings,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment