My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wow, what a week

When I first sat down to write the first blog it was if a dam opened up and everything I had been holding back came flooding to the forefront. I thought I could sit and type for hours just to purge everything from my soul and then reality stepped in and I got caught up in my chaotic life once again.

This week I worked 56 hours (three 12-hour and two 10-hour days) which is a typical week for me. I'm not complaining, with things being what they are, I am blessed to have my job. There was one doctor appointment, one therapy session and one evening of errands and a haircut for me. I worked at home three nights this week at my own business for 12 hours finishing two jobs outstanding and managed to go out for dinner tonight. In the morning I have to get up early to finish a job, I have a conference call at 9:00, lunch with a girlfriend at 12:45, a child needing to be dropped off at 4:00 and probably picked up at 8:00. In between I'll go to Costco, Wal-Mart (still my favorite store), Kroger and home to put everything away. At some point I will take a break and play with the girls. Probably on the wii but if not maybe they will settle for coloring a few pictures while we watch a cartoon or Animal Planet.

As you can see things are still chaotic but manageable. I'm not having to do all the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, yard work, etc. that was part of my life last year. My better half does these things and I'm truly blessed to have him ready, willing and able.

Sunday should be relaxing. At this time I have church, a nap and cooking dinner on the agenda. Of course it is subject to change but I'm going to stick to it as best as I can.

I pray that your weekend will be a good one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment