My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I hear YOU!

Oh my goodness, why did I even get started. Don't you hate it when He keeps showing you stuff to make his point? Even if you do deserve the knock up side the head one usually suffices.

My co-worker came to me after watching me the past few days and said I got just what you need. Well actually it was what you needed on Friday, Saturday, etc. She had gotten behind in her daily devotional reading and finally caught up today. As we all do from time to time, she had to pass along the good ones to her BFAW (best friend at work) - ME.

I couldn't resist sharing them so you can see just how much He cares and is in tune to us whether we realize it or not. When I read them I thought about how much easier my days would have flowed had she given them to me on the days when they came up but His Word is true yesterday, today and tomorrow so regardless of when we read them they are always relevant to someone since we are all at different places in our kingdom walk.

Enjoy and I hope they enlighten you as much as they did me.

By the way, these are from a daily devotional by Sarah Young entitled "Jesus Calling" and can be found at your local Christian bookstore.

April 25

MAKE ME YOUR FOCAL POINT as you move through this day. Just as a spinning ballerina must keep returning her eyes to a given point to maintain her balance, so you must keep returning your focus to Me. Circumstances are in flux, and the world seems to be whirling around you. The only way to keep your balance is to fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes. If you gaze too long at your circumstances, you will become dizzy and confused. Look to Me, refreshing yourself in My Presence, and your steps will be steady and sure.
(Hebrews 12:2; Psalm 102:27)

April 26

WELCOME PROBLEMS as perspective-lifters. My children tend to sleepwalk through their days until they bump into an obstacle that stymies them. If you encounter a problem with no immediate solution, your response to that situation will take you either up or down. You can lash out at the difficulty, resenting it and feeling sorry for yourself. This will take you down into a pit of self-pity. Alternatively, the problem can be a ladder, enabling you to climb up and see your life from My perspective. Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated you is only a light and momentary trouble. Once your perspective has been heightened, you can look away from your problem altogether. Turn toward Me, and see the Light of My Presence shining upon you.
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18 & Psalm 89:15)

April 27

COME TO ME with empty hands and an open heart, ready to receive abundant blessings. I know the depth and breadth of your neediness. Your life-path has been difficult, draining you of strength. Come to Me for nurture. Let Me fill you up with My Presence: I in you, and you in Me.

My Power flows most freely into weak ones aware of their need for Me. Faltering steps of dependence are not lack of faith; they are links to My Presence.
(John 17:20-23; Isaiah 40:29-31)

April 28

AS YOU LOOK into the day that stretches out before you, you see many choice-points along the way. The myriad possibilities these choices present can confuse you. Draw your mind back to the threshold of this day, where I stand beside you, lovingly preparing you for what is ahead.

You must make your choices one at a time, since each is contingent upon the decision that precedes it. Instead of trying to create a mental map of your path through this day, focus on My loving Presence with you. I will equip you as you go, so that you can handle whatever comes your way. Trust Me to supply what you need when you need it.
(Lamentations 3:22-26; Psalm 34:8)


Wow, what powerful messages. I think it's more powerful to me now than it would have been before the whole "I need a moment" episode. What makes it even more in my face is that it quotes one of my favorite passages that I am quick to give to others but should put more emphasis on in my own life. It should be my mantra.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment