My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rainy Day

Today is a rainy day and I’d rather be at home snuggled up in a blanket watching movies and eating junk than sitting at work. I love rainy days for that reason alone but I also like them because they allow us time to be quiet. It isn’t often that you go out hustling and bustling into the world on the weekend if it is raining. We usually find time to do the things around the house that have been put off because of the busyness of our lives and we move at a much slower pace. Taking time to stop and smell the roses so to speak.


There is something very soothing and calming about the rain as if it were sent to lull us into peace and quiet. I know I sleep very well on the nights that the rain falls all night long and nap in abundance during rainy days.


It’s during these times I feel a different closeness to God. Knowing that the rain is coming from Him it brings pause to my soul. I often think about the reason for the rain. Is it to replenish the earth or is it His tears at the immorality of the world in which we live and the lives of his children. It is during this time that I can read His word with a different purpose and have greater understanding. My mind slows down just enough to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to me what He wants me to know when I am in my quiet time.


How does the rain affect you? Do you find peace or serenity in it? Share your thoughts.



He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. (Psalm 72:6)


Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. (Deuteronomy 32:2)


He is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth.' (2 Samuel 23:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment