My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Happy Mother's Day shouts awakened me on Sunday as my three little ones plopped a tray on my lap with my Mother's Day breakfast. A bowl of raisin bran soggy and delicious, burnt toast with jelly - yum, yum, an orange and a glass of water. Who could ask for more? Hand made cards soon followed along with left over chocolate Easter bunnies as a "dessert" of sorts should I be so inclined. No thank you very much you may keep that for your afternoon snack.

What a great way to start the day and how wonderfully blessed am I that they took the initiative on their own to do this for me.

I am the recipient of unconditional love today and everyday from these little ones He has entrusted in my care. I am not worthy but I am basking in every moment that I have both good and bad.

In reality every day is Mother's Day for as long as you live once you have been blessed with a child in your life but it sure is nice when they take the time to say thanks and show a little appreciation for what I truly believe is one of the hardest jobs in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment