My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year

2009-2010 ended/began much like 2008-2009, in elegant praise, worship and fellowship. We attended the New Year's Eve service at church and were blessed in a mighty way.

In retrospect the whole year was blessed. Tony moved to Richmond and helped make our house a home. We got married, took family vacations, visited friends and relatives and surrounded ourselves with people that love and support us.

We made new friends, said good-bye to old friends and let go of friends that were toxic in an effort to make our lives more fulfilling and meaningful to us. We set goals and took great pride in seeing them come to completion and then began new ones and God was with us the whole journey.

God made a way when things seemed impossible. All we had to do was have faith and believe. We paid our tithes, gave generously and stood on His Word and every time things worked out. Not necessarily how we wanted them to, but according to His will and purpose and oftentimes better than how we envisioned things.

His hand has stayed our course right down to losing my job. He knew that there was nothing left there for me and did not allow me to linger there any longer than necessary but long enough to learn a few more lessons about the nature of people and myself.

Which brings me to where I am today, the first work day of the new year - unemployed. All dressed up and no place to go. I got up and dressed for my work day refusing to get out of my routine and the enemy to rule my mind. By 9:00 I had two interviews lined up. Praise God!!!

Both were good opportunities but one would leave me bored out of my mind. They will be making decisions pretty quickly so if one of these is the opportunity God has for me it will be revealed soon enough.

In the meantime, I will be volunteering with one of the agencies that assist victims of domestic violence to keep myself busy and motivated in between interviews.

I am excited about what 2010 has in store for me. Mostly because I'm leaving it all up to Him. I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing but I do know that it will be what He has destined me for. I've done nothing in this process but surrender myself totally to Him and let Him be my guide. The jobs I've applied for have been presented to me, I haven't had to seek them out and the volunteering opportunity was again orchestrated by him. I know that great things are coming and I'm preparing myself to be open and receptive to them.

Bigger, better and more than my heart and mind can imagine. I smile just thinking about it and although I have no clue what it will be, if it is from God it can only be good.

A new year, a new journey, a new beginning... so many possibilities.


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. An ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment