My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Action

Action –noun: The process or state of acting or of being active: something done or performed; act; deed.
An act that one consciously wills and that may be characterized by physical or mental activity.

The harder I try the more I fail. The more I let Him do the leading and the guiding the easier it becomes. I struggle daily to be a good steward over all that He has given me. I struggle with being the mother, the daughter, sister, friend and co-worker that I know I can be. I am weak and give in to my flesh. I fall prey much like Eve in the Garden of Eden and surrender to the cravings of a idle mind only to fall on my face and cry out in forgiveness. It is the falling on my face and asking for forgiveness that keeps me humble. It allows me to get up yet another day and start all over again. That atoning sacrifice that Jesus made for me on that cross assures me that I am forgiven and that makes me want to do better. Today I walked a mile, tomorrow I might make it two miles and on Friday I might not do anything at all but that is ok. The lesson is this - each day that I get up, put on the amour of God and attempt to walk in the shoes of peace serving Him to the best of my ability for that time and place is all that he requires of me. I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I am in a perpetual state of motion and that is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment