My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's been a week... how have you done?

I can't believe how quickly the time passes by even when I try so hard to hold it back.  It's been a week since we embarked on the 37 days of kindness bandwagon with Lysa TerKeurst at Proverbs 31 and I have to tell you what a week it has been. 


Do you realize how hard it is to break out of your routine and do deliberate acts of kindness? I had no clue; but I function on auto-pilot most of my time so I go, I do, I get and I press on with my daily schedule. Unfortunately, for me that means that I am limited in my worldly interacting with people outside of my job and immediate family.


I come to work and I go home, I have bible study and church. Depending on the needs of the children the rest of my time is spent with them or my husband in and around the house taking care of things. So this kindness thing has caused me to be creative and very conscious of my surroundings so I could see where I could possibly lend a hand out of the ordinary. 


I also found it to be a daunting task because by nature I try to be kind and have one of those helpful spirits that is 95% of the time agreeable to assisting anyone any way I can. So with that in mind, I went forth trying to dispense my kindness.


People are skeptical and weary at times at people being nice. Bewildered was also an emotion I encountered and of course anger and frustration from others who were inconvenienced by my kindness also showed up but was quickly dispensed with when grace and mercy over took them.


I am enjoying the challenge and pray that by the time it is all over it will have moved me from auto-pilot to Jesus-pilot where my thoughts and actions are focused on Him and how he would like for me to be aware of what is going on in my world and how I can use that to bring Him the honor and the glory He so rightly deserves.


‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:40 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment