My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Thursday, September 3, 2009

God is AWESOME!!!

Can I get real and transparent with you guys for a moment? I want to share what God did last night and today in real time so you can see the awesomeness of Him as He works on me, my friends and family. I hope this blesses you, gives you hope and lets you know that you are NOT alone.

To: Kim & Tony
From: Dell

God is AWESOME!

Let me tell you about last night. Why did I lose my keys last night when I’ve never lost them before? Why did Tony make a copy of the van key?

Maybe God wanted me off the road for another 20 minutes. When I got to the south side of the Willey Bridge, it was swarming with rescue vehicles and police. Something had happened not too long before I got there.

But what I really think is God wanted me to fellowship with you for a bit longer.

All I wanted to do when church was over was get in my van and be alone so I could have a good cry. (Another story for another time.) God, apparently, didn’t have the same plan. Maybe it wasn’t my night to have a good cry. Maybe I needed to share my meeting with Jessica. Maybe I needed to connect to you in some other way.

Whatever He did, I know He was working on my heart and my soul. He didn’t do it through the sermon because I don’t even remember what Bishop said. Interesting and awesome how He works!

When I got home, the keys were in my purse - stuck to a magnet which explains why when I emptied the purse and shook it upside down, the keys didn’t come out.

You guys (and God) may have saved my life. Or maybe you just saved my evening. Thank you!!!!!



To: Dell
From: Kim

I don’t even know how to respond. I’m overwhelmed by emotions because yes he is AWESOME! Why? is such a big question that none of us really has the answer to. I ask it all the time. Why did you come into my life when you did? Why are you still here???? Why when I need it the most but resist it with all my might does He use you to minister to me? And why in the midst of our messes does He show up and show out like last night? Your message is an inspiration not just for me but for everyone. Can I post it on my blog if I change the names because I know that just like this touched me it can and will touch others and let them know that He is there watching, planning, doing all He can for us and we don’t really have a clue?

I’m sorry you wanted to have a good cry – you should have told me because I would have had one with you. I too was feeling a bit out of sorts as if you couldn’t tell. Yes, I want to hear the story… But I’m glad we got to talk about Jess. It made me feel so good for her and you guys and all that you have been going through. I see light at the end of the tunnel, I see joy in your face and hear hope in your voice along with a certain measure of caution which is good. But most of all I see this whole family thing coming together in a way that we can’t explain but yet for the grace of God… and that was what I needed from you last night.

Whatever the reason for the evening turning out the way it did it all comes back to God. We were just the vessels He chose to use and thankfully He found us fit to be used although both of us weren’t in the mood but our obedience is to Him and his will first and foremost and for that I am grateful.


It didn’t make our evening any better but it probably stopped it from being worse. And today is a new day. Same stuff just a different day and prayerfully a different outlook on things. If you want to help can you adopt a couple of my kids???? Just kidding, I think.

To: Kim
From: Dell

What an inspirational response, Kim! We are so doggone blessed, the two of us!!!!!!!!! Yes, He is constantly putting us together to be support to each other and it seems there’s just no way but His way. I know the last thing you wanted to do last night was drag my sorry butt to your house to retrieve a key, but you did what He told you to do, and we’re both better for it.

And bless Tony’s little self! What if you had to drive me all the way home, and come to find out the key was with me all the time! God is such a practical joker, I suppose He would have had a good laugh over that!!!! Of course, that would have put us on the Willey Bridge at the wrong time. Nope, it would have been the right time, and our assignment for the evening would have been different, yes?

Of course you can put my story on your blog, and I could care less if you change the names. You’re not protecting any innocent here.

The problem with me adopting any of your children is I want the ones you want to keep. Hehehehe!

Kim, God is really working me over right now. And while it’s intimidating and humbling, I think I am finally releasing some things to him. He proved when I turned Jessica over to Him what he could do, and now He’s on the next phase. Stay tuned!



Hallelujah and Praise God. Her testimony is a song to my heart. And all that God did between the three of us last night words cannot describe. But I firmly believe that there are no coincidences that everything is timed according to His will and His purpose and by His grace and mercy we were all blessed by this moment and we didn't have a clue until we came together and shared our own experiences and saw how it all wove together to form this incredible worship experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment