My Inspiration

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gratitude

I am truly grateful to my Lord and Savior because it was a breakthrough day today in that the flood gates opened up and I was able to write again after a long unplanned hiatus.

The great thing about it was that I felt free again like a bird whose wing had healed and it could fly again or like a kid let loose in the candy store. I couldn’t get enough writing in today. I kept thinking of things I wanted, needed, and felt compelled to say but had held back for so long.

I had to temper myself to stop and wait for a few hours while I went home and tended to the activities of the house for the evening but now the house is quiet. The kids are all settled and I’m back at the keyboard ready to put down all that wants to spill out of me or should I say spew out of me like a volcano. It is so overwhelming to have so much at my fingertips again. I feel so blessed but also so humbled because I know this is a gift from Him and I don’t take it lightly.

I give thanks that He gave me my voice again through the written words that fly from my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment